Monday, April 11, 2011

Mother Nature ruins even the best laid of my plans... And a chicken recipe

Running would be a million times easier if I was doing it indoors... But I cancelled my gym membership to save a little extra money, thinking it was going to warm up soon anyway, and it hasn't.  After I posted last it snowed, twice.  But then it started to warm up, and I had a little ray of hope.  I got John out of the house and we went on a run, and all seemed fabulous... Until John caught the plague.  And we haven't gone since.

I guess I could have gone by myself, but it's so hard to keep motivated when your sick husband is home watching the TV and not wanting to leave the couch, and in reality I just want to do the same, so I do.  And then I catch his plague, and the cycle continues.  Long story short, in the past two and a half weeks, I have run exactly once.  I guess that's better than no times... If I set the bar low I won't even have to jump it; I can just step over the top of it.

ANYWAY.  Today I am feeling a little better, and so is John, so tomorrow or Wednesday we will be getting back to it.  Hopefully.  We'll see.

Onto the recipe section of my blog:

Crispy Panko Chicken!  Yay!  I really love chicken, it's so easy to cook, and there's about a million ways to cook it.  Chicken soup, chicken and rice in several assorted flavors, fried chicken, baked chicken, broiled chicken, chicken cooked in pies with vegetables, chicken cooked with potatoes in your crock pot... You get the point.  This little chicken recipe I was kind of hesitant about, (mostly because of the mustard it uses to dredge the chicken in) but it was actually a pretty nice meal.  Plus John LOVES breaded/fried/dredged chicken.  Seriously, if there is anything like that on our menu for the week, he will pick it immediately, and there's no fighting him on it.  

CRISPY PANKO CHICKEN

INGREDIENTS:
1/3 C. Panko break crumbs
1/4 C. Shredded parmesan
1 Tbsp. Olive oil
1/2 Tsp. Salt
1/4 Tsp. Pepper
2 Tbsp. Dijon Mustard
1 Tbsp. Water
1 Lb. Chicken breast

DIRECTIONS:
In a shallow dish, toss together panko crumbs, cheese, olive oil, 
salt, and pepper.  In another dish, combine mustard and water.  Coat chicken 
breasts in mustard mixtureand dredge in panko mix.  Bake on a 
sprayed baking sheet for 25 - 30 minutes at 400,or until golden brown.

Tada!  Cook up some rice with that, (we cheated and used Uncle Ben's 90 second microwavable brown and wild rice CHICKEN FLAVOR, (totally just said that whole sentence with one breath (IN MY MIND)) and it was pretty good) and you've got yourself a meal.  

P.S.: I have no idea if the last paragraph I wrote there is actually grammatically correct, but I don't even care right now, because I am sick, and at work, and I don't want to change it.  Happy eating!


No comments:

Post a Comment